THIE’s Risk Management team is excited to announce a partnership with Med-IQ to provide our insured physicians with specialized risk management and patient safety education.
As risk managers, we often encounter our hospitals’ risk management team, CNOs, CEOs, and human resources staff. However, we seldom meet with front-line physicians. Our new partnership with Med-IQ provides a bridge allowing us to provide information and education on relevant topics to mitigate liability.
THIE insured physicians will have access to Med-IQ courses that meet the requirements for state licensure. The on-demand virtual classroom format allows physicians to complete these courses at their convenience and at no additional cost to them or to the hospital.
For more information regarding this FREE EDUCATION, contact Angie Merrell, THIE’s Senior Risk Management Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Risk and Patient Safety Course Topics:
- Addiction and Pain Management
- Behavioral Health
- Communication Interdisciplinary
- Communication: Provider-Patient
- Consultation and Referral
- Culture of Accountability
- Cultural Respect
- Diagnostic Error/Failure to Diagnose
- Electronic Medical Record
- End-of-Life Issues
- Informed Consent
- Medication Monitoring
- Practice Management
- Opioid Prescription, Management, Addiction
- OR Safety
- Post-Event Response
- Professional Ethics/Provider Behaviroal
- Reducing Readmissions
- Sepsis Management
- Stroke Management
- Test Result Management